Listed below are the current open positions at the Academy. If interested or for more details, please send resume, cover letter, and letters of recommendation to Ms. Rita Tangney at email@example.com or mail to:
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy
Attn: Mrs. Rita Tangney
2200 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester, MA 02124
All Academy personnel must first undergo a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check and complete the Protecting God's Children program.
Substitute School Nurse
Hours are 7:30AM – 2:30 PM when necessary
• Caring for ill or injured students
• Sorting and dispensing medications to students
• Respond to any “emergency” which may arise at school
• Maintaining the climate and care of communication in the Nurse’s Room
• Clean up of the Nurse’s Room
• Administering all medications
• Maintaining accurate health logs and incident reports
• Providing First Aid for minor injuries and illnesses
• Attending to home sickness and dehydration
• Able to practice in the state of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse
• Pediatric experience a plus
• Ability to manage health forms and paperwork
• Enjoying working with kids aged 3-13
Instructional Math Coach
• Assist teachers in designing and implementing lesson plans that reflect the use of Best Practices and are correlated to the Math Common Core State Standards for the purpose of providing instruction that will increase academic achievement.
• Provide model lessons for teachers for the purpose of identifying effective instructional practices.
• Assist teachers with Math Curriculum scope, sequence, and pacing.
• Facilitate/provide onsite professional development sessions.
• Assist teachers with facilitating continuous assessment of student progress.
• Guide and assist grade levels in analyzing test data for the purpose of planning instruction that targets identified needs.
• Assist teachers in using flexible student groupings for the purpose of providing opportunities to accelerate academic performance.
• Work with Academy’s Leadership team to develop and implement a math professional development plan to support academic achievement.
• Master’s degree preferred with at least 3 years coaching experience.
• Massachusetts licensure: Elementary (1-6) or Mathematics (1-6) (5-8)
• Experience in urban school communities.
• Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with teachers, students and colleagues.
• Prior experience with data analysis/management