Teachers participate in multiple and varied professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Beginning of school year training in new curriculum and instructional technologies.
- Ongoing Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy Professional Development Institute (PDI.) PDI training classes are offered after school (3:15-4:30) in teachers’ content areas.
- In-Service “Best Practices” field trips – teachers observe “live” lessons for their particular grade level.
- Training and coaching is offered by a nationally recognized ELL Educational Consultant. Teachers are instructed in effective instructional strategies for our ELL population who may have limited English literacy skills.
- Numerous Archdiocese of Boston sponsored-training in areas of standardized assessments, John Collins Writing, Orton-Gillingham, etc.
- Annual Professional Day offering customized workshops by grade level in all subject areas to improve student achievement.
- Monthly training with the Lynch Early Childhood Program for all 2.9 through kindergarten classes.
Teachers are also able to avail themselves of a variety of courses (many offering graduate credit) at the EDCO Collaborative and through nearby universities such as Boston College, Emmanuel College, Lesley University and Regis College.
Catholic Schools Office Initiatives - Technology and NWEA
Professional Development Opportunities through the Catholic Schools Office