On Thursday, October 26th, six educators from Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy were presented with the annual Yawkey Award for Teaching Excellence. The Yawkey Award recognizes professional educators who exemplify the highest standards in teaching and inspire and encourage children of all backgrounds and abilities to learn and practice Catholic values. This year, awards were presented to:
- Marsha Ames – Columbia Campus
- Sara Richard – Columbia Campus
- Brother Gregory Day, OFM – Lower Mills Campus
- Rhonda Eaton – Lower Mills Campus
- Caitlin Kerrigan – Mattapan Campus
- Megan Fischer – Neponset Campus
The Yawkey Award for Teaching Excellence was established in 2009 in recognition of The Yawkey foundation’s extraordinary leadership support of Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy. Recipients must have demonstrated a commitment to the mission of Catholic education and be highly respected role models within the school community.