The proud tradition of Catholic education in Dorchester and Mattapan is alive and well at Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy. The Academy opened its doors in 2008. Since that time, we have graduated 751 students, 66% of whom have gone on to attend Catholic high schools and then on to post-secondary education—with the first class graduating from college in 2017.
Who Are Our Alumni?
Seven Boston parish elementary schools (St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta – formerly St. Margaret/St. William, St. Peter and St. Angela) were consolidated and merged into Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy in 2008. We consider our alumni to be students from all of these distinguished Catholic School’s as well as our current Academy alumni.
Our alumni play a key role in the future of the Academy through their needed financial support, time spent volunteering and reinforcing the benefits of a Catholic education. We need your involvement!
We are pleased to recognize distinguished alumni of Dorchester’s Catholic elementary schools whose legacy of excellence and of faith, our students carry on. The alumni below represent a partial list of graduates of the following Dorchester schools: St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Kevin, Blessed Mother Teresa (St. Margaret & St. William), St. Mark, and St. Peter.
- Tom Burke (’59) – Journalist and Entrepreneur
- Danielle Legros Georges – Professor at Lesley University and City of Boston’s Poet Laureate
- Paul Kenney (’62) – Attorney, Author and Songwriter
- Marjorie Saintil-Belizaire (‘83) – Professional Visual Artist/Owner of K. Fine Arts Studio and City of Boston Artist in Residence
- Diane Saintil-Laviolette (‘85) – General Counsel for People for the American Way and People for the American Way Foundation
- James Carmody (’67) – Vice President and General Manager, Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center
- Edward Kelly (’88) – General Secretary Treasurer of the International Association of Fire Fighters
- Martin Courage – Regional Managing Director, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Ed Forry (’58) – Founder, Dorchester Reporter
- Maureen Forry Sorrell (’92)
- Joan Lovely (nee Camden ’59) – Volunteer at SJP2
- Richard O’Mara (’68) – Owner, Cedar Grove Gardens, Dorchester
- Eileen O’Sullivan Lee (’69) – former Math Instructional Specialist at SJP2
- Edward J. Russell (’71) – Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Virginia Camden Shea (’65) – Volunteer at SJP2
- James M. Walsh – Executive Director, Campaign for Catholic Schools
- Bill Brett (’59) – Bill Brett Photography
- James Brett (’63) – President & CEO, The New England Council
- Dennis Lehane (’79) – Bestselling Author and Screenwriter
- John P. McDonough (’68) – Executive Vice President & CFO, Meridian Properties
- Jennifer Mergel (’90) – Senior Curator, Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts
- Honorable Martin Walsh (’82) – Mayor, City of Boston
- Artie Boyle – Campaign for Catholic Schools
- John M. Corcoran (’36) – Founder, John M. Corcoran & Co.
- Joseph E. Corcoran (’49) – Chairman, Corcoran Jennison Companies
- James Judge (’69) – Chief Executive Officer, Eversource
Reconnect with Alumni
Please take this opportunity to reconnect with the school by providing us with your contact information. We will use this information to reach out about news and events at the school. Your information is private and will not be shared with any other entity.
The Academy is a legacy school of St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, St. Margaret, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Peter, and St. William parishes in Dorchester, MA.