The proud tradition of Catholic education in Dorchester is alive and well at Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy, which opened its doors in 2008. Since that time, we have graduated more than 800 students, 71% of whom have gone on to attend Catholic high schools. Our first class of SJPIICA alumni graduated in 2017. All alumni play a key role in the future of the Academy whether it is sharing expertise by volunteering at one of the campuses, showing by example the benefits of a Catholic education or providing financial support.
Update your contact information by emailing your name, class year, address, and email address to Advancement@sjp2ca.org.
with us and fellow grads on social media to get the latest news, upcoming events, and scoop on what alumni are doing around the globe. Follow us on Facebook, the Alumni LinkedIn group, Twitter and Instagram.
Attend an alumni event or serve on the committee to help plan your class reunion. Volunteer at one of the campuses, or just return for a game or performance. Anyone can give back to your school as an alumni volunteer. Email Advancement@sjp2ca.org for more information.
Who Are Our Alumni?
In addition to SJPIICA alumni, graduates of seven Boston parish elementary schools – St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta (formerly St. Margaret/St. William, St. Peter and St. Angela) – are part of our legacy alumni. These schools were consolidated and merged into Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy in 2008.
Our alumni play a key role in the future of the Academy through their needed financial support, time spent volunteering and reinforcing the benefits of a Catholic education. We need your involvement!
We are pleased to recognize distinguished alumni of Dorchester’s Catholic elementary schools whose legacy of excellence and of faith, our students carry on. The alumni below represent a partial list of graduates of the following Dorchester schools: St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Kevin, Blessed Mother Teresa (St. Margaret & St. William), St. Mark, and St. Peter.
- Tom Burke (’59) – Journalist and Entrepreneur
- Danielle Legros Georges – Professor at Lesley University and City of Boston’s Poet Laureate
- Paul Kenney (’62) – Attorney, Author and Songwriter
- Marjorie Saintil-Belizaire (‘83) – Professional Visual Artist/Owner of K. Fine Arts Studio and City of Boston Artist in Residence
- Diane Saintil-Laviolette (‘85) – General Counsel for People for the American Way and People for the American Way Foundation
- James Carmody (’67) – Vice President and General Manager, Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center
- Edward Kelly (’88) – General Secretary Treasurer of the International Association of Fire Fighters
- Martin Courage – Regional Managing Director, Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Ed Forry (’58) – Founder, Dorchester Reporter
- Maureen Forry Sorrell (’92)
- Joan Lovely (nee Camden ’59) – Volunteer at SJP2
- Richard O’Mara (’68) – Owner, Cedar Grove Gardens, Dorchester
- Eileen O’Sullivan Lee (’69) – former Math Instructional Specialist at SJP2
- Edward J. Russell (’71) – Senior Vice President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Virginia Camden Shea (’65) – Volunteer at SJP2
- James M. Walsh – Executive Director, Campaign for Catholic Schools
- Bill Brett (’59) – Bill Brett Photography
- James Brett (’63) – President & CEO, The New England Council
- Dennis Lehane (’79) – Bestselling Author and Screenwriter
- John P. McDonough (’68) – Executive Vice President & CFO, Meridian Properties
- Jennifer Mergel (’90) – Senior Curator, Contemporary Art, Museum of Fine Arts
- Honorable Martin Walsh (’82) – Mayor, City of Boston
- Artie Boyle – Campaign for Catholic Schools
- John M. Corcoran (’36) – Founder, John M. Corcoran & Co.
- Joseph E. Corcoran (’49) – Chairman, Corcoran Jennison Companies
- James Judge (’69) – Chief Executive Officer, Eversource
Reconnect with Alumni
Please take this opportunity to reconnect with the school by providing us with your contact information. We will use this information to reach out about news and events at the school. Your information is private and will not be shared with any other entity.
The Academy is a legacy school of St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, St. Margaret, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Peter, and St. William parishes in Dorchester, MA.