At Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy, our students are known, loved… and called to excellence.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy Columbia Campus has been at the heart of the dynamic North Dorchester neighborhood in Boston since 2008. A STEM focused Pre-K through grade 8 school, we attract students from the nearby community as well as the greater Boston area. We emphasize building community both within our school and with the outside world.
Claire F. Barton Sheridan Principal, Columbia Campus Parent Resources
Students entering 2.9 summer packet >
Students entering Pre-K summer packet >
Students entering KI summer packet >
Students entering KII summer packet >
Students entering Grade 1 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 2 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 3 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 4 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 5 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 6 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 7 summer packet >
Students entering Grade 8 summer packet >
We are a family! The Academy’s Columbia Campus has been at the heart of the dynamic North Dorchester neighborhood in Boston since 2008. We attract students from the nearby community as well as the greater Boston area. We emphasize building community both within our school and with the outside world. Within the school, each student belongs to a “family,” which includes a student from each grade. In the broader community, our parent corps sponsors and supports many of the Dorchester neighborhood traditions.
At the Academy, students in grades Pre-K to grade 5 have computer once a week. Students learn the importance of internet safety and what it means to be a good digital citizen. The curriculum includes instruction in the the differentiation of different types of computing, the use of Google Drive and all of its components, and the creation of programs through coding. Keyboarding is practiced for the most efficient use of the computer, to prepare students for report writing. Online programs that reinforce the students classroom experience are also used during computer instruction time.
Grades 6-8 use chromebooks on a daily basis to enhance classroom instruction. When additional instruction is needed, the technology specialist is available to work with the students in their classrooms.
2020-2021 Tuition Rates
K2 through Grade 8:
Preschool, Pre-K, and K1:
|Pre K Student:||$6,900|
Yes, we do! All of our students receive a discount on the full cost of tuition when we set tuition rates each year. In addition many qualify for additional support.
- $1.5M in financial aid was awarded last year to Academy students
- 68% of early childhood students receive Massachusetts Early Education and Care vouchers for both school tuition (2.9, Pre-K, K1 and K2) and Extended Day programs
- 55% of Academy students receive financial aid to offset the cost of tuition
To secure a seat in one of our classrooms:
- Complete an application online
Application must include a report card (gr. 1-8), birth certificate and health record.
- Attend an open house and schedule a visit!
- Create a FACTS account
Once the administration reviews the application, report card and screening tests a decision will be made. Acceptance letter will be mailed along with instructions to set up a FACTS account.
Did you know?
- At the Columbia Campus, STEM is a dedicated focus.
- Students work on science and engineering concepts in activities that range from shaving cream sensory experiments and free build exploration to creating spaceships and a lunar colony.
- Middle school students compete in a yearly Bridge Build Competition and showcase their knowledge during the annual Science Fair.