Listed below are the current open positions at the Academy. If interested or for more details, please send resume, cover letter, and letters of recommendation to Ms.Tina Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy
790 Columbia Rd
Dorchester, MA 02125
All Academy personnel must first undergo a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check and complete the Protecting God’s Children program.
The Office Manager assists with general Academy management and administration. This role will require the ability to work in a team environment in coordination with the Academy Director, Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Advancement, Principals and Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Academy Director the Office Manager responsibilities are:
- Perform administrative support to the Regional Office including answering phones, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, preparing purchase orders and secretarial services as needed
- Calendar management – tracking and reporting employee leave and working with the Director of Finance to identify when allowable leave has been exceeded
- Manage schedule for the Academy including Regional Office meetings, staff meetings and the Academy calendar.
- Track and report on enrollment throughout the school year and the annual re-enrollment process
- Coordinate all benefit plans through the Archdiocese of Boston
- Primary contact for staff HR and benefit questions.
- Assist in development of staff contracts
- Coordinate and track all new hire paperwork
- Primary contact for all Academy facility needs, facilitate with vendors and monitor to completion of the project
- Primary contact for all Academy IT needs, facilitate with vendors and monitor through resolution of issue.
- Support Advancement efforts – alumni records, secretarial services and special event supports
- Maintain school student information system around staff demographics and data.
- 4-6 years previous administrative work experience
- Speak fluent Spanish
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Demonstrates strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills – works effectively with others, at all levels and within the Academy
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity, energy and enthusiasm for the Academy
- Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church and Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the values of the Roman Catholic Church
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
- Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide a comprehensive counseling program for middle school students; consult with teachers, parents and staff to enhance their effectiveness in helping students; and provide support to our middle school programs.
- Academic skills support
- Coping strategies
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution
- Career awareness, exploration and planning
- Multicultural/diversity awareness
- Individual Student Planning
- Goal-setting/decision- making
- School Guidance Curriculum Development
- Education in understanding of self, including strengths and weaknesses
- Transition planning (Middle School)
- Responsive Services
- Individual and small group counseling
- Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Peer facilitation
- Student Leadership Development
- High School Application Process
- Academic planning programs
- Parent and family education
- One-on-one parent conferencing
- “Whole Class Review” through the City Connects program
- Classroom Observations
- Academic support, learning style assessment and education to help students succeed academically
- Invite classroom career speakers
- At-risk student identification and implementation of interventions to enhance success
This position will also serve as a member of the School Leadership team:
- Takes a balcony view of the school
- Ensures a focus on learning and continuous improvement
- Serves as the steward of the school’s mission, vision, and core values
- Masters in Guidance and Counseling or MSW
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
All campuses are seeking substitute teachers. Please contact Campus Principals for more information.
Volunteer opportunities are always available at the Academy, both at each campus and the Regional Office. Service hours at the Academy are also available for high school students.
The Academy is a legacy school of St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, St. Margaret, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Peter, and St. William parishes in Dorchester, MA.