Listed below are the current open positions at the Academy. If interested or for more details, please send resume, cover letter, and letters of recommendation to Ms. Rita Tangney at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy
Attn: Mrs. Rita Tangney
2200 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester, MA 02124
All Academy personnel must first undergo a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) check and complete the Protecting God’s Children program.
- Assist teachers in designing and implementing lesson plans that reflect the use of Best Practices and are correlated to the Math Common Core State Standards for the purpose of providing instruction that will increase academic achievement.
- Provide model lessons for teachers for the purpose of identifying effective instructional practices.
- Assist teachers with Math Curriculum scope, sequence, and pacing.
- Facilitate/provide onsite professional development sessions.
- Assist teachers with facilitating continuous assessment of student progress.
- Guide and assist grade levels in analyzing test data for the purpose of planning instruction that targets identified needs.
- Assist teachers in using flexible student groupings for the purpose of providing opportunities to accelerate academic performance.
- Work with Academy’s Leadership team to develop and implement a math professional development plan to support academic achievement.
- Master’s degree preferred with at least 3 years coaching experience.
- Massachusetts licensure: Elementary (1-6) or Mathematics (1-6) (5-8)
- Experience in urban school communities.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with teachers, students and colleagues.
- Prior experience with data analysis/management
Teaching Math to Grades 6-8. Also responsible for a Grade 8 homeroom. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree and prior classroom experience preferred. Massachusetts State Certification required.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree and prior classroom experience preferred. Prior experience at elementary level preferred. Massachusetts State Certification required.
All campuses are seeking substitute teachers. Please contact Campus Principals for more information.
Volunteer opportunities are always available at the Academy, both at each campus and the Regional Office. Service hours at the Academy are also available for high school students.
The Academy is a legacy school of St. Angela, St. Ann, St. Gregory, St. Mark, St. Kevin, St. Margaret, Blessed Mother Teresa, St. Peter, and St. William parishes in Dorchester, MA.